probe-arguments.conf is the file where basic configuration for the Probe is stored. It is located under the directory /etc/sixmon. The following lines represent how probe-arguments.conf should look like:
- control-port and data-port represent the TCP/UDP port where the Core is listening to receive control or data information.
- ip represent the IPv4 used by the Probe to contact the Core.
- interface represents the name of the monitoring network interface by which the Probe sniffs network traffic.
- probe-id represents the id of the Probe.
- dir-conf represents the absolute path of Probe’s configuration path.
- nic-ring-buffer-size represents the size of the ring buffer of the used network interface.