The “gruppo reti” is a group of technicians, technologists and developers of the Institute of Informatics and Telematics.
The main activities of gruppo reti are:
- to manage the campus network infrastructure of the Italian National Research Council in Pisa,
- to provide a large variety of services to all the researchers in the campus.
The network infrastructure
The campus network infrastructure includes:
- routers for the off campus Internet connections,
- traffic control apparels (for network troubleshooting and protection against cyber-security attacks),
The provided services
Services offered to the campus personnel include:
- IP telephony,
- video broadcasting of events (unicast and multicast),
- wireless coverage of the congress area and other parts of the campus,
- management of authentication systems,
- Eduroam (Education Roaming) service,
- LAN access in VPN modality,
- Network Access Server for dial-up access.